Keeping your turnkey website secure is a vital operation to your internet property. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that want to either deface, hijack or destroy your website. Most of the time you won’t even know what’s happening until it’s too late.
- Black listed emails and/or domain for sending SPAM
- Flagged by Google for hosting Malware
- Website promoting foreign agendas
- Website redirecting to other domains
These are just a sample of what can happen and once you’ve been hacked it’s a much more difficult to recover. So being proactive can save a lot of future headaches.
To help prevent hacks to your turnkey website in the future, here are some things you can do:
- Keep WordPress up to date – This is the most important and probably the easiest one to do.
- Keep all plugins up to date – Leaving old versions of plugins for an extended period of time can leave vulnerabilities and entice hackers.
- Change your passwords – Changing your passwords every few months will help your website from being compromised.
- Install security specific plugins – There are many plugins out there that will add layers of security, here are a few:
Remember to always backup your turnkey website periodically and before making any major changes to it. By staying up to date, it will minimize the chances of your website being hacked, hijacked or infected. Never a fun thing to try to recover from.